Re: converting from kmail

On 24May2009 19:46, Tim Johnson <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Sunday 24 May 2009, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| > On 24May2009 07:53, Tim Johnson <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > | Example: extracting kmail filters to procmail recipes
| >
| > Are there many filters? Will KMail export then in any form?
| > It may be that some ad hoc scripting can be done if you can produce text
| > files of the filters.
| I just wrote an application that - instead of parsing kmailrc - designed
| around the logic of my own needs, outputs procmail recipes,

I've got one of those:
  http://freshmeat.net/projects/cats2procmailrc
  http://cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/manuals/cats2procmailrc.1.html
  http://cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/cats2procmailrc

but didn't want to push it on anyone...
Most of my rules are single line incantations.

| also 'mailboxes' commands and 'subscribe' commands for .muttrc.
| I think that is going to do the build of the work for me.

Should do.

| A side question: I just did a new linux install on a different partition.
| I believe that kmail email format is 'maildir'. When I previous used
| mutt, I was using an mbox format, so my mbox_type entry in .muttrc
| was
| set mbox_type="mbox"
| Should I just be able to copy the ~/Mail directory currently used by kmail to
| the new partition and for .muttrc change the entry to
| set mbox_type="maildir"  ??

Mutt autodetects, so you shouldn't need to adjust. mbox_type is more
what kind of folder mutt will create when it makes a new one.

Um, your procmail rules should match.

I use maildir myself; having all the messages in individual files makes
them easy to do things with from the shell.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I have always been a welly man myself. They are superb in wet grass, let
alone lagoons of pig shit.      - Julian Macassey