Re: converting from kmail

On Sunday 24 May 2009, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 24May2009 07:53, Tim Johnson <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> | Example: extracting kmail filters to procmail recipes
>
> Are there many filters? Will KMail export then in any form?
> It may be that some ad hoc scripting can be done if you can produce text
> files of the filters.
I just wrote an application that - instead of parsing kmailrc - designed
around the logic of my own needs, outputs procmail recipes,
also 'mailboxes' commands and 'subscribe' commands for .muttrc.
I think that is going to do the build of the work for me.

A side question: I just did a new linux install on a different partition.
I believe that kmail email format is 'maildir'. When I previous used
mutt, I was using an mbox format, so my mbox_type entry in .muttrc
was
set mbox_type="mbox"
Should I just be able to copy the ~/Mail directory currently used by kmail to
the new partition and for .muttrc change the entry to
set mbox_type="maildir"  ??

thanks for the interest
tim