Re: How to let mutt always mark mbox as new if it contains new

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 09:40:52AM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Wu, Yue wrote:
>
> > Thank you, 'check_mbox_size' does the trick.
>
> Hmm, how is the partition with the mboxes mounted? This option only
> exists for setups where access/modification time cannot be reliably used
> to detect new mail. Filesystems can be mounted to not update atime as
> that causes disk updates but provides little to no benefit for most
> applications so many people turn atime updates off.

I have little acknowledge on it, so I can't give you the sure answer, sorry :(

I'm on FreeBSD 7, ~/.mutt is on the /user filesystem, it's mounted by:

> /dev/ad2s2e             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2

in the /etc/fstab. I don't know if atime is enabled by default or not.

About the patch you advise, I'm really not familiar with programming relative
stuff and
got a little busy these days, so I'm afraid I can't have a try, sorry!

--
Hi,
Wu, Yue