Re: How to let mutt always mark mbox as new if it contains new

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 04:48:20PM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> Strange. I cannot reproduce this with $check_mbox_size unset, i.e. use
> atime vs. mtime to detect new mail. And since I cannot reproduce it, I
> cannot fix it. Attached is a patch that's supposed to reset times in
> case an mbox folder has new mail. I cannot really test this.

Rocco, you are awesome.  I'm going to move this discussion to
mutt-dev, and reply later, when I'm not supposed to be doing other
things...  But briefly, $check_mbox_size was a config variable that I
was unaware of until this thread, which I believe was added fairly
recently.  I believe the code that was added for this, at least as of
Mutt-1.5.18, has introduced a bug that causes the exact opposite
problem.  I'll follow up later to mutt-dev.

Thanks

-=-=-=-=-