Re: How to let mutt always mark mbox as new if it contains new

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 04:53:50PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:

> I don't think this is Wu Yue's problem, Patrick.  I could be wrong,
> but as I understand him, he is opening a mailbox, leaving some of
> the messages unread, then changing to another mailbox, then checking
> to see which mailboxes contain new mail (perhaps with the y
> command), and sees that the first mailbox has no N in front of it,
> indicating that it contains no new messages, although in fact it
> does.

Yes. But my problem remains after quit and restart mutt, the new marks of
mailboxs are gone, no matter it contains new mails actually.

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 08:03:53PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> If that is indeed the case, I believe it is a timing problem as I use
> mbox and do see "N" for folders which have received mail after my
> leaving.  I do not know the amount of time necessary for this to occur
> but can confirm that it does indeed happen.  Also new mail appears in
> the current folder periodically.
>
> It more likely is that he expects a folder with new mail to have the
> "N" flag for the folder which contains new mail but not newer than his
> last access to that folder.

No, I expect the "N" flag always there, no matter the access time, if has new
mail, than "N" should be always there.

> Now I hope I am making myself clear as I feel that I have my tongue
> wrapped around my eye-teeth  :^)

Thank you very much for kindly patient!

--
Hi,