Re: How to let mutt always mark mbox as new if it contains new

* Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxx> [05-08-09 19:57]:

> I don't think this is Wu Yue's problem, Patrick.  I could be wrong,
> but as I understand him, he is opening a mailbox, leaving some of
> the messages unread, then changing to another mailbox, then checking
> to see which mailboxes contain new mail (perhaps with the y
> command), and sees that the first mailbox has no N in front of it,
> indicating that it contains no new messages, although in fact it
> does.
>
> If that is the problem, then I see that problem with my
> installation, too.  I don't have a solution other than to quit and
> restart mutt.

If that is indeed the case, I believe it is a timing problem as I use
mbox and do see "N" for folders which have received mail after my
leaving.  I do not know the amount of time necessary for this to occur
but can confirm that it does indeed happen.  Also new mail appears in
the current folder periodically.

It more likely is that he expects a folder with new mail to have the
"N" flag for the folder which contains new mail but not newer than his
last access to that folder.

Now I hope I am making myself clear as I feel that I have my tongue
wrapped around my eye-teeth  :^)