Re: How to let mutt always mark mbox as new if it contains new

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 12:20:13PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Wu, Yue <vanopen@xxxxxxxxx> [05-08-09 11:20]:
> >
> > No, just new emails remain the new mark, but the mbox that contains
> > them not.
>
> Ah, then you must correct those that have already been marked "O".
>
> t~O;N
> <return>
>
> all on the same line
>
> explanation:
> t     tag/tag-pattern
> ~O    pattern, messages marked Old
> ;     apply to all tagged messages
> N     the new "flag"
>
> <return>   hit the "enter" key
>

> Mutt has a "really good" man page and a manual attached normally to
> the "F1" key.

Do you me I should fix it manually?

>From the manpage of muttrc, it says mark_old is for:

> Controls whether or not mutt marks new unread messages as old if you  exit a
> mailbox without reading them.

So it's for message, not for mbox. My issue is that when I enter into mbox
then change to others, then the mbox's new mark will gone, no matter if the
mbox contains new messages or not.

Maybe I didn't describe myself clearly, so make you misunderstand? Sorry for
my bad English.

--
Hi,
Wu, Yue