Re: pop-last=yes isn't working?

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 02:46:39PM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, it supports UIDL only for normal folder operations. LAST is only
> used for the <fetch-mail> function. For UIDL to work with <fetch-mail>,
> mutt would need to cache all UIDLs it already saw.
>
> It doesn't even support body cache, which could be helpful here since
> messages are numbered by UIDL there. It's not implemented because fewer
> users than the critical mass seem to miss this feature and want to see
> <fetch-mail> work... :)

As i was telling Kyle, off list, the default Apple Mail client, as well
as other mail clients i have tried, handle this. I just thought with all
the functionality that mutt does provide, this would be a no brainer.
But from what you and Kyle have told me, there is no way to have mutt
pull a copy of the messages from the server, leave them there for other
applicaations, and then not pull down messages it has already
downloaded? Are other applications handling this within the software
itself?

Thanks,

Russ