Re: pop-last=yes isn't working?

Hi,

* Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Saturday, April 18 at 03:29 PM, quoth Russell Urquhart:

> > I read through the docs and set the pop_last = yes, thinking this would
> > force mutt not to redownload messages it already has downloaded.
>
> Generally, mutt should avoid downloading messages it knows about...
> but I don't know how good mutt's POP3 UIDL support is. If it has
> broken UIDL support, then yes, $pop_last would help. Or, I should
> rephrase that: COULD help.

Well, it supports UIDL only for normal folder operations. LAST is only
used for the <fetch-mail> function. For UIDL to work with <fetch-mail>,
mutt would need to cache all UIDLs it already saw.

It doesn't even support body cache, which could be helpful here since
messages are numbered by UIDL there. It's not implemented because fewer
users than the critical mass seem to miss this feature and want to see
<fetch-mail> work... :)

Rocco