Re: xterm-title and gnome-panel disagreement..

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:15:42AM -0500, Bert Babington wrote:

> > You are right in that I am running it under GNOME in Ubuntu, but I am
> > not launching it from a menu (I don't think Ubuntu even supports
> > that). I am launching gnome-terminal as normal and then starting mutt
> > from that term.
> >
> > I will try compiling mutt from source and see if this clears up the
> > "bug". ;)
> >

> I had a chance this morning to look at this under an Ubuntu VM (I
> usually run Slackware) so I see what you're talking about.  The mutt
> package does drop a mutt file in /usr/share/menu, so I'm not sure why
> it doesn't show up in the main gnome menu, but that's a separate issue.
>
> Anyway, I was wrong - it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the
> Debian configuration, necessarily.  The ability to change the terminal
> title bar appears to be part of the xtitles patch that is applied to
> the Ubuntu mutt package.  In addition to the configuration options you
> noted in your first email, it also defines an option called
> "xterm_icon" with a default value that is more or less "Mail".  By
> setting this option separately, I was able to change the name that
> appears for the mutt window on the panel.
>
> So add the following to your .muttrc in addition to what you have, and
> try it again:
> set xterm_icon="Mutt: %m (%n)"
>
> jbb

You were 110% correct.. someone needs to merge those two values into one. I
cannot think of a reason those two values should ever be different.

--
"If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be
solved, worrying will do no good."