Re: Compiling mutt for OS X; using SMTP option. What libraries

Just use macports.  Type

$ port install mutt-devel +pop+smtp+ssl+sasl+headercache

to see all the available options you can type

$ port variants mutt-devel

which will give:

mutt-devel has the variants:
        idn: Internationalized Domain Name support
        pop: POP support
        imap: IMAP support
        ssl: Secure Sockets Layer support
        sasl: Simple Authentication and Security Layer support
        debug: Debugging support
        gnuregex: Use the GNU regular expression library
        compress: Compressed folders
        headercache: Enable header caching (requires gdbm or qdbm)
        qdbm: Use QDBM database
        gdbm: Use GNU dbm database
        db4: Use Berkeley DB database
        nntp: NNTP support
        deepif: Allow nested if-else sequences in strings
        date_conditional: Allow the format of dates in the index to vary based
on how recent the message is
        xlabel: Custom message-tagging - X-Label:
        smtp: Include internal SMTP relay support
        trash: Add a Trash folder
        sidebar: Add a sidebar with a list of folders
        gpgme: Enable GPGME crypto support
        universal: Build for multiple architectures

Best,
Marc