Re: not all attachments shown in pager

++ 18/12/08 10:20 +0800 - bill lam:
>On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Rejo Zenger wrote:
>>  |    I     1 <no description>                      [multipa/alternativ,
>> 7bit, 178K]
>>  |    I     2 AA><no description>                 [text/plain, 7bit,
>> us-ascii, 1.8K]
>>  |    I     3 AA><no description>                        [multipa/mixed,
>> 7bit, 176K]
>>  |    I     4   AA><no description>              [text/html, quoted,
>> us-ascii, 3.6K]
>>  |    I     5   AA>abcdefghijklmnopq.pdf                 [applica/pdf,
>> base64, 170K]
>>  |    I     6   AA><no description>              [text/html, quoted,
>> us-ascii, 2.1K]
>
>I don't know the exact answer, but I can see the email contained
>"alternative" meaning that only one of the alternatives is sufficient
>for viewing purpose. You may use "alternative_order" in muttrc to set
>  your own preference.  Please search for "alternative_order" in mutt
>  documentation for detail.

Aah. That makes sense. In a more simplified rendering:

  1             multipart       mixed
  2 ├─>         text            plain
  3 └─>         message         rfc822
  4   └─>       multipart       alternative
  5     ├─>     text            plain
  6     └─>     multipart       mixed
  7       ├─>   text            html
  8       ├─>   multipart       appledoubl
  9       │ ├─> application     applefile
 10       │ └─> application     msword
 11       └─>   text            html

So, at level 4 the "multipart/alternative" is shown and mutt's pager
will show either level 5 or level 6, not both. As I have set

  alternative_order text/plain text/html

it will prefer level 5 attachment to level 6 as level 5 is text/plain.

Right?

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo@xxxxxxxxx> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>
GPG encrypted e-mail prefered.