Re: <shift><tab> bind doesn't work even though it's listed with ?

On (13:52 14/12/08), Joost Kremers <joostkremers@xxxxxxxxxxx> put forth the
proposition:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:09:24PM +0000, Dave Wood wrote:
> > I'm using <tab> to read next-undeleted which works fine, but when I set
> > <shift><tab> to read previous-undeleted it says key not bound. I have it
> > set for index and pager:
> >
> > bind        index       <tab>           next-undeleted
> > bind        pager       <tab>           next-undeleted
> > bind        index       <shift><tab>    previous-undeleted
> > bind        pager       <shift><tab>    previous-undeleted
> >
> > Any ideas why this isn't working?
>
> Try the following: open up a terminal, execute the command 'xev' and then
> hit shift-tab. That'll show you how the keys are actually known to X.
>
> in my case (slackware linux 12.1, X 7.1), hitting just the tab key yields
> 'Tab', but hitting shift-tab tells me that in combination with shift, the
> tab key is suddenly known as ISO_Left_Tab.

Yes I'm also using Slack and I found the same thing. Mutt doesn't recognise
any varient of that name though, but after some RTFM'ing I found that mutt
calls <shift><tab> backtab so I have fixed it eventually.

Cheers

--
Important letters which contain no errors will develop errors in the
mail.  Corresponding errors will show up in the duplicate while the