Re: Mailboxes view, number of messages and IMAP

Hi,

* Marco wrote:

I've just noticed that the number is actually updated on the mailboxes
if I do the following: say I have two mailboxes A,B,C.

:)

If I enter A, read some new messages and then press y,the number is not
decrased.If then I enter B and read some messages and then again press
y, the number of A is *now* correctly decreased.
So I must visit some *other* mailboxes in order to have the number of
messages in another mailbox correctly updated ? This is a strange
behaviour.

Not exactly I think, though I'm not the IMAP expert. AFAIK the numbers
are correct according to mailbox polling (minus some bugs that may be
open in that direction) _except_ for the currently selected folder. It
doesn't totally relate to the problem, but when you're in folder A you
have $status_format to tell you plenty of details about messages counts
for the current forder. Why would you want to use the browser for that?

Am I not well understand the meaning of $timeout ??

If counts for other mailboxes are fine, nothing is wrong. $timeout and
mail polling often causes quite some confusion, $timeout doesn't maybe
do what you think it does. Please read:

         http://dev.mutt.org/doc/manual.html#handling-folders

The mailboxes view is either a menus or in an interactive prompt ???

It's a menu, the manual would have answered that, too. Prompts are only
those places where you can enter something in the last line of your
screen. A menu is has funtions, allows keys to be rebound and be
customly formatted.

Rocco