macro that executes after successful create-alias?

I'm trying to keep my mutt aliases file and my abook synchronized.

I've found this online:
http://www.wolfermann.org/mutt.html

It handles writing changes in abook back to the mutt aliases fine.

However, it uses the abook --add-email function to extract an alias
from a message sender. I prefer to use mutt's <create-alias>, as it
gives me more control, specifically over the "nick".

So I think I could do something like this (all one line):

tail -n 1 .mutt/.mutt.aliases | abook --convert --informat mutt
--outformat abook >> ~/.abook/addressbook

after creating an alias with <create-alias>. I would like to creat a
macro that does this and bind it to "a" in the index.

However, I will need to hit enter several times and possibly correct
the default entries between <create-alias> and executing the line
above. Is there any way how I can do that?

(I guess I could always write an extra macro that calls the line
above, then execute the macro whenever I've added a new alias, but a
one-step solution would be much nicer).

m.