Re: Mailboxes view, number of messages and IMAP

* Marco <marco@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-12-09 01:50:04 +0100]:

> Hello,
> before proceed to compile the latest develop version of mutt, maybe it's
> worth to make a question:
>
> I am currently using Mutt to access one IMAP mail,when I start mutt
> -y(the problem presist also without this option though)
> the mailboxes view is presented with the count of new messages presented
> in every mailbox which I have listed within the mailboxes command.
> The problem is that each number is static  (NOT updated) during my entire mutt
> session: if I enter the index view of some mailbox and read some
> messages then I press "y", the number is
> not decreased.Otherwise if I receive some mails while I am watching the
> mailboxes view the number is not increased.
>
> Now: is it normal this behaviour or it's just my problem?I have
> investigated the docs and there seems to be nodetails about that.
> I am using as IMAP server the latest stable version of dovecot.
> I attach some details of my relevant mutt config, thanks for eventual
> comments:
>
> unset imap_passive
> set imap_check_subscribed=no
> set mail_check=20
> set timeout=5
> set followup_to

I've just noticed that the number is actually updated on the mailboxes
if I do the following: say I have two mailboxes A,B,C.
If I enter A, read some new messages and then press y,the number is not
decrased.If then I enter B and read some messages and then again press
y, the number of A is *now* correctly decreased.
So I must visit some *other* mailboxes in order to have the number of
messages in another mailbox correctly updated ? This is a strange
behaviour.
Am I not well understand the meaning of $timeout ??
The mailboxes view is either a menus or in an interactive prompt ???

thanks
--
Marco Vittorini Orgeas