Re: How to get default "From:" to work

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:21:05PM +0100, Szymek wrote:
> Yes, now it works. I did append an $ to the end of the folder names, like
> that:
>
> folder-hook secondbox$ 'set from="secondbox@xxxxxxxx"      realname="BlaBla"'
>
> I didn't wrote the dollar sign for the default, period marked mailbox. Now
> everything works fine. Thanks a lot for your help. One more thin, can you tell
> me, why it is working, now that I have the dollar sign appended?

Suppose you have the following set of mailboxes in ~/Mail:

foobar
foo
bar

and the following folder-hooks:

folder-hook foobar '...'
folder-hook foo '...'
folder-hook bar '...

The second folder hook will match both foo and foobar.  In order to
prevent this match, you need to use an anchor ($) in the regular
expression to match the end of the word right after foo:

folder-hook foo$ '...'

me