How to get default "From:" to work

Hi

I am using mutt for some years now and everything was ok, until I decided to
give Debian a try over
Slackware. So I installed Debian Etch and compiled mutt version 1.5.8-1 with
the mdn-patch. Now, I have a problem with different "From:" headers when
replying or writing new mails from different mailboxes. I have four of them,
all in maildir format. Here are the relevant lines from my .muttrc:

# set from: firstbox@xxxxxxxx

# set use_from=yes

set spoolfile=~/mail/firstbox

folder-hook . 'set from="firstbox@xxxxxxxx"      realname="Blabla"'
folder-hook secondbox 'set from="secondbox@xxxxxxxx"      realname="BlaBla"'
folder-hook thirdbox 'set from="thirdbox@xxxxxxxx"      realname="BlaBla"'
folder-hook fourthbox 'set from="fourthbox@xxxxxxxx"      realname="Blabla"'

(the first two lines are commented out in my .muttrc)

Now, when I go into the mail folder secondbox, thirdbox or fourthbox,
everything is alright and I get the right address in "From:"-header,
regardless whether I send new emails or reply. But in the firstbox (which
should be my default) I always get the email-address from the secondbox in the
From-header, even if I change the period in the first folder-hook to the name
of the first (default) box. What am I doing
wrong?

Best regards
Szymon