Re: How to get default "From:" to work

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 08:02:34PM +0100, Szymek wrote:
> No, the maildir folders are not nested, here is the structure:
>
> ~/mail->
> ->firstbox
> ->secondbox
> ->thirdbox
> ->fourthbox
>
> I compiled mutt by myself, maybe there is a specific option to pass to
> configure?
>
> I had previously the same config in Slackware, and it worked like a charm.
>

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 09:48:03AM -0800, Michael Elkins wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 04:31:57PM +0100, szymekwm@xxxxx wrote:
> > > folder-hook . 'set from="firstbox@xxxxxxxx"      realname="Blabla"'
> > > folder-hook secondbox 'set from="secondbox@xxxxxxxx"
> > > realname="BlaBla"'
> > > folder-hook thirdbox 'set from="thirdbox@xxxxxxxx"      realname="BlaBla"'
> > > folder-hook fourthbox 'set from="fourthbox@xxxxxxxx"
> > > realname="Blabla"'
> > >
> > > Now, when I go into the mail folder secondbox, thirdbox or fourthbox,
> > > everything is alright and I get the right address in "From:"-header,
> > > regardless whether I send new emails or reply. But in the firstbox (which
> > > should be my default) I always get the email-address from the secondbox
> > > in the
> > > From-header, even if I change the period in the first folder-hook to the
> > > name of the first (default) box. What am I doing
> > > wrong?
> >
> > Do you happen to be using nested maildir folders?  I'm wondering if
> > maybe you need to specify the full pathname, or use $ at the end of the
> > folder regular expression.
> >
> > me

Yes, now it works. I did append an $ to the end of the folder names, like that:

folder-hook secondbox$ 'set from="secondbox@xxxxxxxx"      realname="BlaBla"'

I didn't wrote the dollar sign for the default, period marked mailbox. Now
everything works fine. Thanks a lot for your help. One more thin, can you tell
me, why it is working, now that I have the dollar sign appended?