Re: Rolling in sidebar, other mutt-ng type bits?

* Sander Smeenk on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 00:48:34 +0100
> Quoting tchomby (tchomby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
>> It's a shame the sidebar patch is so problematic. What do mutt users
>> who don't use the sidebar patch do instead?
>
> Then i have this macro for the default 'c' command <change-folder>:
>
> macro index c "<change-folder>?<enter><tab>"
> macro pager c "<change-folder>?<enter><tab>"
>
> Now when i press 'c' i am presented with the list of all my subscribed
> folders. Those with new mail in them have an 'N' in front and I really
> don't care about the amount of new/oldnew/read messages. I usually idle
> in my 'INBOX' (~/Maildir), new mail notifications appear in the
> statusbar and can be recalled with '.'.

There's also the "poor man's sidebar" already configured in the
default system Muttrc:

# show the incoming mailboxes list (just like "mutt -y") and back when pressing
"y"
macro index,pager y "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>" "show incoming
mailboxes list"
bind browser y exit

> I really really love mutt the way it is.
> Whatever the outcome of this debate is, please make it a toggle ;-)

1+

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
Ein deutscher Western/A German Western
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.html
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc-en.html