Re: Rolling in sidebar, other mutt-ng type bits?

Quoting tchomby (tchomby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
> It's a shame the sidebar patch is so problematic. What do mutt users
> who don't use the sidebar patch do instead?

I have about 10 or 15 mailinglists delivered directly to my ~/Maildir
using Exim. With 'Exim Filters', messages get filtered to the correct
'folder' based on rules. It's procmail on steroids.

Mutt is configured to read ~/Maildir, and only that.

An automated script for the 'subscribe' and 'mailboxes' settings
figures out what 'folder' represents a mailinglist and what are just
plain 'folders' based on their name (.list.mutt).

Then i have this macro for the default 'c' command <change-folder>:

macro index c "<change-folder>?<enter><tab>"
macro pager c "<change-folder>?<enter><tab>"

Now when i press 'c' i am presented with the list of all my subscribed
folders. Those with new mail in them have an 'N' in front and I really
don't care about the amount of new/oldnew/read messages. I usually idle
in my 'INBOX' (~/Maildir), new mail notifications appear in the
statusbar and can be recalled with '.'.

I really really love mutt the way it is.
Whatever the outcome of this debate is, please make it a toggle ;-)

-Sndr.