Re: Rolling in sidebar, other mutt-ng type bits?

It's a shame the sidebar patch is so problematic. What do mutt users
who don't use the sidebar patch do instead? The aim is to have a list
of folders, which I know mutt can do, and for each folder say how many
emails are in it and how many of those are unread, or at least say
which folders contain new mail. It's to solve the problem where you
are subscribed to a large number of email lists, for example, and
filter mail from each list into its own folder, then you don't want to
have to open each folder just to see if there's anything new in it.
What's the best solution in mutt?