Charset in Headers

Hi all,

my question is, sometimes I became a mail with a correct charset
displayed in (e.g.) mozilla thunderbird, but in mutt, there are other
strange characters in the subject, but ONLY there. Now, I think, the
header is coded as utf8, but mutt don't know about it.
google show that iconv is not a working solution. There are other
solutions with a perl-script, but, I'm too less familiar with it to
understand this.

Can someone shortly tell me what the problem could be and how to fix it?

The characters are koir-8 coded, and thunderbird show this as popup on
any message.

thank you.