Re: unable to set working send-hook

* Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@xxxxxx> [07-09-08 10:47]:
>> From:       Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri () gmail ! com>
>>
>> end-hook majordomo 'my_hdr From: Ennio-Sr <use5@xxxxxx>'
>>
>> oose the '~t ....'
>>
>> end-hook matches on a pattern existing in the "To:" address, the flag
>> s confusing it and quote marks should only be required if character
>> scaping was necessary.
>>
>> he 'unhook' statement should only be necessary at the top of your
>> end-hook list, not each individual send-hook.
>> ------------------
>
> I corrected my .muttrc as you suggested but the result is perfectly the
> same: all outgoing messages will maintain my generic headers.
> I tried both with alias and full name of the list, tried editing the
> message before sending it: nohope!

 :^(

> So I conclude that either my mutt (1.5.13-1.ethch1) is bugged or I have
> something strange elsewere in .muttrc.

probably your .muttrc

> Before I give definitely up, could you please confirm that I'm wright
> in assuming that send-hook should work (i.e. change headers) for
> messages being sent and the change should occur as the message is
> being composed, as soon as the _To:_ field is filled with the
> particular address?

aiui, but *only* when you first start a new message.  It would not set
the "From:" addr if you edited the header "To:" field after a message
is open/started.  I believe send2-hook is for that.

you might try with a .muttrc containing *only* your send-hooks to
confirm that something else is not affecting

 mutt <to-addr> -F ~/<special-muttrc>

with <special-muttrc> containing only send-hooks and maybe your editor

reset all
unhook *
set editor="joe -wordwrap -rmargin 072 -syntax mail +10 %s"
send-hook mutt- 'my_hdr From: Testing <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

as you do not need to actually send a message, just see that the
send-hook works.

ps: your quoting style puts a great burden on anyone trying to answer
your questions and present an easily understood text.