Re: Mail sends to all addresses except one

On Thursday, May  8 at 09:15 AM, quoth Dirk Moolman:
> My version of Mutt is mutt-1.5.6i-64.6

Well, that would explain why mutt's complaining about those settings.
:)

> I only have one sendmail on my machine:  /usr/sbin/sendmail
>
> /usr/lib/sendmail is a symbolic link to this file.

Ehrm, right, what I *meant* was to ask: what kind of sendmail is it?
Is it THE Sendmail (www.sendmail.org)? If so, what version? Or is it
exim? Qmail? Postfix? Something else?

> Yes, I have set " set envelope_from=yes" in the /etc/Muttrc, and
> this seems to work ok.   The only difference I can see is that my
> Unix server sends:
>
>       From: dirkm@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Where my Linux server sends:
>
>       From: root[dirkm@xxxxxxxxxx]

Weird... That looks like an invalid construction. Is that just how the
email is displayed, or is that the raw source of the email?

> I don't know if this will cause e-mails to be rejected at the
> recipient.

Unfortunately, in this day and age of everybody having their own
anti-spam rules, the only way to find out is trial-and-error (that or
asking the fellow who runs the recipient's email server).

> The command I use to send mail (from a script), is:
>
> echo "" | mutt -x -a "$MAILMX_ATTACHMENT" -s "$MAILMX_SUBJECT"
> "$MAILMX_TO"
>
> The variables are supplied to the script and are self explanatory.

Seems reasonable.

> I also set $REPLYTO in the muttrc file:

How is REPLYTO supplied to mutt?

~Kyle
- --
No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor
should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
                                  -- George H. W. Bush, August 27, 1987