Re: Mail sends to all addresses except one

Behalf Of Kyle Wheeler

>On Wednesday, May  7 at 10:04 PM, quoth Dirk Moolman:
>>> I've had issues with external mail, and had to set the following to
>>> resolve that issue:
>>>
>>> set envelope_from=yes
>>> set hdrs=yes
>>> my_hdr From: +ACQ-REPLYTO
>
>[snip]
>
>> I did some more reading (from the Mutt manuall, and on Google), and
>> also tried the variable
>>
>> set envelope_from_address=dirkm@xxxxxxxxxx
>> and
>> set use_envelope_from=dirkm@xxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> but in both cases I get the error:
>>
>> "unknown variable"

>Those only exist in mutt 1.5.11 or more recent. Before that,
>+ACQ-use_envelope_from was just known as +ACQ-envelope_from, and it used your
>+ACQ-from address as the envelope address.
>
>What version of mutt are you using?

My version of Mutt is mutt-1.5.6i-64.6

I only have one sendmail on my machine:  /usr/sbin/sendmail

/usr/lib/sendmail is a symbolic link to this file.

Yes, I have set " set envelope_from=yes" in the /etc/Muttrc, and this
seems to work ok.   The only difference I can see is that my Unix server
sends:

        From: dirkm@xxxxxxxxxx

Where my Linux server sends:

        From: root[dirkm@xxxxxxxxxx]

I don't know if this will cause e-mails to be rejected at the recipient.

In short, I am using trial & error to fix this. I do not know what is
causing the e-mails to this one address to be rejected.  All other
addresses (also internal to our company) work fine.  None of these
e-mails go out through our relay server, but are sent internally, using
our exchange server only.

Any ideas - how (and where) can I find the reason for mail being
rejected to this one specific address ?     I read a little about MUA's,
MTA's and MSA's, but still have to understand how this all fits together
properly.

The command I use to send mail (from a script), is:

echo "" | mutt -x -a "+ACQ-MAILMX_ATTACHMENT" -s "+ACQ-MAILMX_SUBJECT"
"+ACQ-MAILMX_TO"

The variables are supplied to the script and are self explanatory.

I also set +ACQ-REPLYTO in the muttrc file:

>>> set envelope_from=yes
>>> set hdrs=yes
>>> my_hdr From: +ACQ-REPLYTO

Dirk

*** Disclaimer ***

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and legally privileged
and is intended solely for the addressee and to others who have the authority
to receive it. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized and as
such, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in
reliance on it is unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately.

The views expressed in this e-mail are the views of the individual sender and
should in no way be construed as the views of the Company.

The Company is not liable to ensure that outgoing e-mails are virus-free.

The Company is not liable, should information or data, for whatever reason, be
corrupted or fail to reach its intended addressee.

The Company is not liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and
howsoever arising resulting from the opening or the use of the information in
this e-mail, including its attachments and links.

The sender of this e-mail is subject to and bound by the terms and conditions
of Company+IBk-s Electronic Communications Usage Policy.