Re: send-hook not working

On 2008-04-13, Rejo Zenger <mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ++ 13/04/08 20:53 +0200 - Kirill Miazine:
> >>
> >>iirc, hooks act on the first match found.
> >
> >This is not actually true for *all* hooks, but this is true for some,
> >e.g. mbox-hook.
>
> Correctly. I had this order:
>
>   folder-hook .                       unhook send-hook
>   send-hook .                 "unset pgp_autoencrypt"
>   send-hook '^~C <address>    "set pgp_autoencrypt=yes"
>
> With the first one, it doesn't work. Without the first line, it does. I
> am still *first* setting the default and have that default overruled by
> more specific situations.

The trouble with that set of hooks is that the first time you change
to a new folder, the two send-hooks will be unhooked.  If you are
going to use a folder-hook to unhook your send-hooks, you should use
folder-hooks to set them as well.  For example:

   folder-hook .   unhook send-hook
   folder-hook .   send-hook .                 "unset pgp_autoencrypt"
   folder-hook .   send-hook '^~C <address>    "set pgp_autoencrypt=yes"

Regards,
Gary