Re: send-hook not working

* Patrick Shanahan [2008-04-13 08:55]:
[...]
I nailed down the problem. As one of the first hooks I have:

  folder-hook .                  unhook send-hook

If this one is removed, it works. I am wondering why I put that line
there in the first place. So, now running without this line and see
what else is broken. :)

iirc, hooks act on the first match found.

This is not actually true for *all* hooks, but this is true for some,
e.g. mbox-hook.

You would place the *default* desired action (hook) last in the order
to set that action on all that have not matched higher in the order.

I do the opposite and put the hook that sets certain default first.
Section 4 in the manual also suggest that "a default hook needs to be
added before all other hooks to restore configuration defaults".

--
    -- Kirill Miazine <km@xxxxxxxx>