Re: Recommended mail filters for use with mutt?

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 10:53:56PM +0200, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Quoting Chris G (cl@xxxxxxxx):
>
> > What do others here use, any recommendations that I might find useful?
>
> > Oh, one other requirement, it needs to be driven from the .forward
> > file,
>
> Seems like you're on a system running a recent version of Exim:
>
> You could use 'Exim filters' and have Exim do the work for you.
>
> An 'Exim filter' is just a .forward file with '# Exim filter' on the
> first line followed by a number of rules to sort mail around. It's
> kind-of like Sieve, so i hear, but i'm not at all a Sieve expert.
>
> These are really clear docs on the subject:
>   http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/filter.html

It definitely looks interesting, however I'll have to ask if it's
enabled - from the above docs:-

    The ability to use filtering or traditional forwarding has to be
    enabled by the system administrator, and some of the individual
    facilities can be separately enabled or disabled. A local document
    should be provided to describe exactly what has been enabled. In the
    absence of this, consult your system administrator.

Thanks for the pointer though, it certainly looks as if it might be a
very sensible approach.

--
Chris Green