Howto debug problems with an imap server?

Hi,

I'm trying to use mutt here with the imap service from archiveopteryx
and for some reason mutt stalls when I change the mailbox from the
inbox to some other after waiting a few seconds. So I often can open
another box if I'm fast, but the second or third try completely stalls.
There's no error message displayed in mutt and looking at the network
traffic I can't see anything from mutt either (though I'm not really
familiar with the imap protocol).

So how can I debug this further? The server works fine when I use kmail
and the same mutt version, with almost the same configuration on another
machine, works fine against a dovecot imap service.

Andreas

--
Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance.