Re: problems with Maildir, procmail, getmail

Hi Jamie,

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 10:53:55PM +0000, Jamie Griffin wrote:
> I've got the Maildir directory, with the require cur.tmp,new sub directories.

You only need the {cur,tmp,new} subdirectories for actual mailboxes.  If
you don't intend to use "~/Maildir" directly as a mailbox, there's no
need for those directories.

> Then i've got IN-inbox (spoolfile) and its sub-directires inside ~/Maildir.
> I've then got 3 other directories for mailing list mailboxes set up in the
> same way.
> as well as 'Drafts' 'Sent'
>
> Having ~/Maildir/cur/new/tmp in this way, and then having other maildirs, is
> this the correct way to set them up? this is the output from ls -al :

[...]
> drwx------  5 jamie jamie 4096 2008-03-09 15:26 IN-inbox
> drwx------  5 jamie jamie 4096 2008-03-09 15:26 IN-mutt-dev
> drwx------  5 jamie jamie 4096 2008-03-09 15:26 IN-mutt-users
> drwx------  5 jamie jamie 4096 2008-03-09 15:27 IN-ubuntu-users

procmail creates new mailboxes automatically, you just need to tell it
to to use the Maildir format.  Here's what
/usr/share/doc/procmail/README.Maildir says on my system:

    This version of procmail supports Maildir folders.

    To make procmail to deliver into a Maildir folder, just append
    a slash (/) to the name of the maildir folder in your ~/.procmailrc file.
    For example, the following rule:

    :0
    * ^Resent-Sender.*debian-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    debian-user/

    will deliver all mail from the debian-user mailing list to the Maildir
    folder "debian-user".