Re: How to send mail with a sign gpg in attachment like

Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Monday, February 18 at 09:04 PM, quoth Dave Evans:
>> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:35:07AM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>>> Where is that header defined? Why not use the OpenPGP header (defined
>>> here: http://josefsson.org/openpgp-header/)
>>
>> Is it just me, or does the example on that page not match the draft spec?
>> The spec AFAICT requires "id=" before the ID; the example omits "id=".
>>
>> It also seems odd that the id is allowed to be empty (zero or more HEXDIG).
>
> That is rather odd. Why not ask the author?

Indeed, the web page was missing a 'id='.  Earlier versions of the idea
allowed the 'id=' string to be optional, but that is no longer the case.

I have changed the key id field to be at least 8 hex characters long.
The reason it isn't hard coded to a particular length is that openpgp
fingerprints may be of different lengths.  Still, 8 hex characters
appear to be the minimum length in use today.

I'm going to submit an updated -03 version of the document soon, so if
any of you have any comments on the latest protocol, now would be a
perfect time to send them.  The latest document is available from:

http://josefsson.org/openpgp-header/draft-josefsson-openpgp-mailnews-header.txt

Thanks,
/Simon