Re: The strange case of the vanishing mailing list posts...

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 06:10:58PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> =- Arthur Dent wrote on Wed 24.Oct'07 at 11:02:09 +0100 -=
> > I am curious to see if this message to this list shows up (I am
> > not cc-ing myself on this one).
>
> Did it?

Well actually it did. So that would suggest that there is nothing wrong with
my Mutt setup.

> Many ML let you configure not to Cc: you for own posts.
> Check your preferences on each ML personal config.

Yes, someone else suggested (off list) that:
>If the mailing list software is Mailman, you might want to check
>that "Receive your own posts to the list?" is set to "yes" and
>"Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" to "no".

When I checked I found that the RKH mailing list (on sourceforge) is indeed a
Mailman list, but my personal settings already had "Receive your own posts"
set to "Yes".
"Avoid duplicates" however was set to yes. I have changed it now, but have not
since posted to that list. I am not sure that that was the problem however. If
I quote the Mailman text exactly for this option it states:

" When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list message,
you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list. Select Yes to
avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No to receive copies.

If the list has member personalized messages enabled, and you elect to receive
copies, every copy will have a X-Mailman-Copy: yes header added to it. "

Which, to me, would suggest that a reply *to* me would be affected by this
option but a post *from* me would not. Nevertheless I have changed it and will
see what happens.

If the problem persists I remain mystified....

Thanks for your help so far...

AD