The strange case of the vanishing mailing list posts...

Hello all,

I have no idea if this is even a Mutt problem. All I can say with any
certainty is that I used Mutt to produce the emails concerned.

As well as this mailing list I am subscribed to some others. Yesterday I made
my first post to one of them. It never showed up. Except that I know it did
because someone replied to it and their reply (quoting my message) did appear
in my mailbox.

I do use folder hooks so that I can create a specific identity for each
mailing list:
# Mailing list folder hooks:
# This one ensures that all mail to the Mutt-users mailing list is sent by "MT
Lists"
send-hook '~C @mutt.org' 'my_hdr From: Arthur Dent <mt.list@xxxxxxxxxx>'
send-hook '~C @mutt.org' 'set pgp_sign_as=FDE78872'

# This one ensures that all mail to the RKHunter mailing list is sent by "RKH
List"
send-hook '~C rkhunter' 'my_hdr From: Arthur Dent <rkh.list@xxxxxxxxxx>'
send-hook '~C rkhunter' 'set pgp_sign_as=FDE78872'

When I sent my first mail to the RKH list I had forgotten to add it to my
"lists"
list - but it was a new post and not a reply so I simply typed in the "To"
address
anyway. Subsequently I added it to my "lists" and hit "L" to reply to the
replies to
my post.

The result is always the same. My message never appears in my mailbox, replies
to it
do. I have resorted to adding myself as a "cc".

I am curious to see if this message to this list shows up (I am not cc-ing
myself on
this one).

Thanks in advance for your help....

AD