Re: How to send a return receipt

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 09:52:58AM +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> Then you don’t want a delivery notfication, you want read-it

Nobody were saying that. We talk about "return receipts".

> notification. That is in my eyes a very big difference. A delivery

Not of concern. See above.

> Yes, in my eyes this is good. Like always if certain features for
> surveillance or monitoring are available, people want to use it. So it is
> far better to not implement them.

Surveillance or Monitoring? OMG! This FUD-argument about privacy invasion and a
such were discussed about 20 times in this thread. And after all it should be
clear, that there is _no_ privacy invasion and that it is _impossible_ to use
return receipts for surveillance or monitoring. Actually monitoring an employee
by asking him to tell if he does bad things is worth nothing for people who
want to monitor them.

> And in business environments you will probably get in far more trouble with
> mutt besides missing the notification options. Mutt doesn’t support any
> groupware features like calendar.

Blah. Its shouldn't be part of this discussion weither calendars and cook books
and coffee machines should be part of mutt. We are talking about return
receipts. Thats not groupware, that is pure and simple email functionality. And
that is what mutt is -- a mail user agent. Nobody (at least not in this thread)
is asking to support everything a secretary in an office does as part of mutts
builtin features. But without return receipts its like mutt is not even
providing
a _basic_ _needed_ functionality subset _completely_.

-Patrick