Re: Colors and... nano or native pager??

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 11:18:49AM EDT, promulgato@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 10:23:48AM -0400, Chris Bannister wrote:
>
> > Just put:
> > set editor=/usr/bin/vim
> > in your .muttrc
> >
> > Personalise your colours for vim in your .vimrc
> > (Obviously, this is the wrong mailing list for discussions on vim as
> > would discussions on mutt be on a vim mailing list.)
>
> Well, I can do that now, having dropped nano and installed vim,

(1) http://www.viemu.com/a_vi_vim_graphical_cheat_sheet_tutorial.html
(2) http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~maverick/VimColorSchemeTest/

The first link has all the vim basics and a few extras explained in
very simple visual terms.

Should get you up to speed in a few days.

The second has a huge collection of vim "themes" called color schemes.

Unfortunately, most require the GUI version of vim.

Have fun!

cga