Re: Colors and... nano or native pager??

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 06:31:12PM -0700, promulgato@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> The way I see it is... if I could get rid of these bright white
> characters over deep black background that bother my eyes so much
> whenever getting a nano screen to compose a message within mutt, thus
> making my experience with mutt so much more pleasant for the next
> few months (before switching to vim) - and it should take a couple
> of minutes to make such change when someone who has done it tells
> me how - then it's well worth doing.

Just put:
set editor=/usr/bin/vim
in your .muttrc

Personalise your colours for vim in your .vimrc
(Obviously, this is the wrong mailing list for discussions on vim as
would discussions on mutt be on a vim mailing list.)

> And secondly, just for the sake of being capable of doing so...
> Isn't this what being a linux user and a mutt user is all about?
> :)

Not quite all, :-). Helps avoid malware.

--
Chris.
======