Re: Delete messages based on size of maildir

Thus wrote Rado S (list-rado@xxxxxx) [07.08.07 21:40]:
> =- John K Masters wrote on Tue  7.Aug'07 at 20:16:41 +0100 -=
>
> > Sorry, didn't explain fully. Yes I can score on to: or cc: but can
> > I for example score according to the number of messages in a
> > mailbox? For boxes that get 5 mails per month - no problem, keep
> > them all. For ones with 150 per day - no problem, clear all older
> > than 3 months. It's the intermediate ones that I have a problem
> > with. Ideally I would like to be able to keep individual mailboxes
> > at a set level.
>
> Why not use folder-hooks to define a default behaviour and some
> exceptions to it?
> See the wiki on examples for auto-purge and clues about hooks in
> general.

You could use maildir/ and then run with cron or with ...-hook
ls -l <maildir>/cur | wc -l
to get the number of messages in that folder and remove old messages
when there are too much.

Key ID: 0x61E7150B - 4EFC 3FA6 FB8E 2BD5 CA11  6F15 F557 6B5D 61E7 150B

Christian Kuka
ckuka@xxxxxxxxxxx