Re: OT: offending sig + headers

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 11:55:12PM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> Ah, you're right, I was confused.
>
> My only objection to greylisting (aside from the inherent delay that
> it introduces into email)

email is a store and forward system, not an instant message system! :)

> is that it's one of these anti-spam measures that only work until it
> gets widespread enough for spammers to decide to do something about
> it (they own enough always-on Windows spam-bots after all, it's not
> like they're too short on resources; not retrying is just laziness on
> their part).

Having to queue messages should end up using the 'owned' box's disk
space and slow down the sending rate. I would hope that would draw
attention to the owner of the box.

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Principal Engineer, Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx