Re: Weird UTF-8 problem

Quoting Alain Bench (veronatif@xxxxxxx):
[...]
|     Just a guess: You use a random signature, sometimes containing
| accented characters written in Latin-1.

Spot on, Alain! I'm impressed! Some of the norwegian signatures contained
special characters.

[...]
|     If it's the problem, the complete solution needs two steps:
|
|  -1) Generate signatures in current $charset. Perhaps appending
| "iconv -f iso-8859-1 |" to the $signature pile.

I used iconv on my signatures.txt-file, and all is well now. Thank you
for solving what seemed like a mystery to me! :)

| -2) Disable charset auto-sensing when $editor is called from Mutt.
| Auto-sensing smartness just confuses things, hiding what may be wrong.
| For Mutt, $editor must dumbly read and write in current locale's
| charset, period.

I agree, and will look into this as well.

--
"Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now."
- Steve Wright