Weird UTF-8 problem

I'm using vim as my editor, and I'm pretty sure that everything is OK with
utf-8 in vim. "file" on files created by vim in the console show e.g:

  <filename>: UTF-8 Unicode text

...and my norwegian characters show as expected on my newly installed
Fedora Core 6-server. I'm reading mail from a postfix/maildir-spool.

Mutt shows the characters as expected, but when it sends the text to vim,
something strange happens. Sometimes. Or - about 50 % of the times.

If I press r for Reply on a mail with norwegian characters - half the
times vim will show the correct characters, while they will be garbled
the rest of the times. r for Reply, :q to quit without editing, and r for
Reply again over and over will alternate on the displayed result. Below
is an example of the same text, copied from the vim-window (console):

| Da er vi enig, for det ser jeg og :)
| Æææ du får ha en øøø god dag åååå kose deg!

| Da er vi enig, for det ser jeg og :)
| Ã<86>ææ du fÃ¥r ha en øøø god dag åååå kose deg!

I'm led to believe that it is mutt who sends the wrong content-type to vim,
but I'm far from sure. Anyone else who has seen this?

--
"I had amnesia once or twice."
- Steve Wright