Re: Ghost keypress foils password

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 05:29:29PM +0100, Toby wrote:
> When I start Mutt there is a sort of ghost keypress.  Mutt sees a
> certain keypress sequence (I ignore what the exact sequence is) just as
> if I had pressed some keys, and processes it accordingly.

This is a real longshot: is your TERM or TERMCAP environment variable
set correctly?  It might be that mutt is issuing a control sequence to
the terminal (to render the output, initialize the screen, etc) using
an escape sequence that the terminal thinks is a request for
information.  This could cause the terminal to generate the phantom
keystrokes as part of its [unexpected] response to mutt.

                                                  -Dave Dodge