Re: viewing attached mbox

* James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-04-06 17:55]:
> Whenever my boss wants to forward multiple emails to me, he rolls up
> all those emails into an mbox and then attaches that mbox to an
> email.  It works quite well except I have to save the attachment and
> run a new mutt session on the resulting mbox.

pipe the attachment thru formail (procmail utility) and direct the
output to an mbox file, then write a macro to start another instance of
mutt opening the submect mbox file.

formail -ds procmail [-m sandbox.rc      or none] < file.txt        or,
formail -ds procmail < file.txt
-s (split digest or xx), pipe a file back into system as if just rec'd
-d Tell formail that the messages it is supposed to split need not be
in strict mail-box format
formail -s procmail < file.name

Here is a great tutorial on procmail:
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/