viewing attached mbox

Whenever my boss wants to forward multiple emails to me, he rolls up
all those emails into an mbox and then attaches that mbox to an
email.  It works quite well except I have to save the attachment and
run a new mutt session on the resulting mbox.

mutt see the mbox attachment as type us-ascii.  It's usually labelled
'search' or some such with no extension or anything (presumably by
whatever bit of lisp he's using to generate the mbox).

I'd like to just hit return to fire a new mutt instance to read the
mbox, just like I would with any other attachment.

Anybody have any tips on how I might accomplish this?

Thanks.

--
GPG Fingerprint: E8B0 8163 C9DF 6C91 4567  895C 090F 1B45 87ED 9963