Re: Not FCC-ing mail addressed to subscribed mailing lists

* Michael Williams on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 22:21:52 +0000:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 11:22:44AM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>>> fcc-hook ~u     /dev/null
>>> fcc-hook .      =Sent

If you have already something like:

set record="+Sent"

the first line alone does what you want already. See below.

>> Not bad... a little wasteful, though (not that this is incredibly
>> important). Your fcc-hook there are out of order (I'm assuming you
>> just put them backwards in the email?);
>
> No. This is the order they are in my .muttrc, and things work as
> expected -- =Sent is the default record.

So no need to create a fcc-hook for that.

>> what you have there, since all matching hooks are executed in order,
>> should make it so that ALL mails get saved to =Sent.
>
> Are you sure? I thought fcc-hook executed the first matching rule and
> stopped there, so you should put default conditions at the end. I can't
> find a definitive statement about this anywhere in the documentation
> though. Sorry, I know this is a FAQ.

TFM:

   This command is used to save outgoing mail in a mailbox other than
   $record. Mutt searches the initial list of message recipients for the
   first matching regexp and uses mailbox as the default Fcc: mailbox. If
   no match is found the message will be saved to $record mailbox.

Probably this description of the fcc-hook could be more explicit
concerning the difference to other hooks where you have to set a
sort of default hook first.

_B A U S T E L L E N_ lesen! --->> <http://www.blacktrash.org/baustellen.html>