Not FCC-ing mail addressed to subscribed mailing lists

Hi,

I currently have the following rules in my .muttrc, which are designed to
prevent saving copies of outgoing mail (FCCs) to subscribed mailing
mailing lists.

fcc-hook ~u     /dev/null
fcc-hook .      =Sent

This seems to be working, but is this the canonical way of preventing
multiple copies of emails from me to subscribed mailing lists ending up
in my archives? Is there a more robust way of doing this in mutt, or
(wondering off-topic), should I really be doing this in, e.g. procmail?

Thanks,
-- Mike