Re: exim4

* tom <bokchito@xxxxxxxxxx> [061121 21:16]:
> I am using debian sarge, gkrellm,fetchmail, exim4 and mutt.
>
> Fetchmail is getting the mail from my ISP and it is being put into
> /var/spool/exim4/input.
>
> How do I get the mail into /var/mail/tom so that I can read it with mutt ?
>
> The file tom does exist in /var/mail and spoolfile is set to
> /var/mail/tom in .muttrc

On a typical desktop system, exim serves to hand of outgoing messages
to the smarthost of your ISP, and to deliver internal messages.  But
for incoming mail from your ISP, it is not necessary (nor is it
normal) for exim to be involved.

Let fetchmail (or better, getmail) deliver mail to your incoming mail
spool "/var/mail/tom".  But it is very common for the typical
single-user desktop machine to put the mail spool in the home
directory of the user, for example, "~/Mail" if you are using the
mailbox structure, or "~/mail" if you are using the maildir structure.

RLH