Re: Making own threads in mutt.

=- Gary Johnson wrote on Sat 18.Nov'06 at 13:29:24 -0800 -=

> On 2006-11-18, Mikolaj Kucharski <eth0@xxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 11:58:01AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > > * Mikolaj Kucharski <eth0@xxxxx> [11-18-06 11:47]:

> > > I observe your desired conditions on my box and have:
> > >   strict_threads unset
> > > and
> > >   sort_re set
> >
> > But it's not enough. I've attached two mbox files with
> > unsorted and sorted messages. I there any way via
> > `reply_regexp' to make aproporitate regex to create thread
> > tree like in attached file?
>
> No.  'reply_regexp' will allow you to exclude _leading_ portions of
> subject lines from being considered when comparing subjects for
> threading, e.g., "Re: ", "Re: Re: ", "Fwd: ", etc.  What you are
> looking for is a way to also exclude _trailing_ portions--everything
> after the case number--from those comparisons.  Mutt doesn't have a
> mechanism to allow you to do that.

As a _HACK_ you could extend your reply_regexp to include
        "Case [0-9]+ - "
and toggle between default/ normal use of this var and
this hack depending on whether you just view it or actually want
to reply.
I.e. you can define a "r"eply macro to "set to normal", <reply>,
"set to thread cases". Respectively for group and list reply.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.