Re: Author name rather than list name for subscribed lists

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 08:17:58AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Paul Puschmann <lnx@xxxxxxxxxxx> [11-21-06 03:50]:
> > This list, mutt-users, does not use a list-id or other common-way to
> > mark emails as mailinglist-mails. If you want to list-reply, you have
> > to enable "subscribe mutt-users".
> > Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> ok

Thank you.

> > I think this annoying because I no longer can see the name of the
> > author in index-view but have to open the mail.
>
> You haven't read the rest of the thread where you care comaplining.

Okay, I really didn't read it.

> Read Michael William's post in this same thread about your complaint.
> The message_id is: <20061121020726.GA12212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> It was in response to this comment:
>
>   Look in "The Fine Manual" for "index_format" (para 6.3.92. in
>   1.5.9i), and substitute the variable that provides the display you
>   wish.
>
> > I wrote a mail to the maillist-admin, with no reaction following.
>
> And you shouldn't expect one.

Why? Okay, I understand that this list doesn't do the errors other
lists do, but I I found no ressource why not having an List-Id is
better. (Hoping not to mix something up).

Sorry for my slightly aggressive undertone. I should have stayed in
bed today!

Paul