Re: mutt & /var/spool/clientmqueue

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:12:23PM +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 Mauro Sacchetto (mauro.sacchetto@xxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > I configured mutt, fetchmail and sendmail
> > on Slackware 11.0. If I send an e-mail while
> > I'm connected, the delivery is immediate.
> > If I'm not connected, Mutt requires more
> > or less a minute to send the message at
> > /var/spool/clientmqueue.
>
> What exactly do you mean by connected?

For a guess I'd say connected to the internet.

For a stab at an answer, since there's no connection there's no DNS, and
the wait is due to waiting for DNS to timeout. IOW, this isn't mutt's
fault, as the same thing would happen from the command line with plain
old 'mail' or whatever.

dwchandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |